Sunday, January 18, 2009

1/18 - 8pm - Have You Seen the Radar!?

I've been peeking at the radar over the past 3 hours, and boy how things have changed. A small area of snow showers in Illinois has exploded into a well-developed line of light snow heading straight for us:



I'm thinking about an inch should come out of this, but if more explosive development occurs I think we could see a little more. We're not talking about a snowstorm, but I think the ground will be white by tomorrow morning. Local temps around the area right now...SDF 31...my house 31...LEX 30...EVV 32...CVG 26...IND 21. It's cold enough, so maybe this is finally our chance to get the ground covered with snow! I noticed that brine is on the roads around the Metro, so travel won't be too bad. Watch for low visibility during heavier snow showers though.

3 comments:

Charles Loring said...

Good luck tonight man! I am hoping for a little bit this far south too. So when you get that inch...send the rest my way will ya! :)

Ryan Hoke said...

Looks like you're going to get some! Those pesky temperatures might prevent it from sticking that far south though...

Charles Loring said...

Yeah man! We actually have 1/2" right now and it is coming down pretty good at this moment. The north winds have increased and has cause a mini-TN blizzard out their. lol