Saturday, January 10, 2009

1/10 - 3:30pm - New Forecast Video

Temperatures are set to slide later today, but this is only the beginning of an active weather week. Light snow associated with a clipper system will fall on Monday, with a possibly bigger system on Wednesday. The models are handling the Wednesday clipper poorly in my opinion, so we could see more than just light snow. That remains to be seen in any of the computer models, so we'll see how that works out. In any case, get ready for frigid temperatures late next week as a massive trough digs into the Southeast. Highs might struggle to reach the teens by next weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wondering why you might be anticipating more snow on Wednesday. Looks like the gulf is shutdown with dry air over much of the south and into the Gulf. Also, in a Arctic pattern you usually don't see much moisture from these systems. Granted the snow ratios will be higher, but I can't see too much snow getting here.

Also, have you noticed that the bottom right hand side of your tv screen is hard to see? Maybe an extra light if you have it? No biggie as you usually say what it is that I can't see.

I'm hoping for snow... Just not seeing much.

Ryan Hoke said...

I understand that the Gulf is cut-off, but the GFS has been notorious for underestimating QPF lately. This is just a theory right now, but I think the QPF will increase a little bit. That, coupled with the higher snow ratios, should make things a little whiter hopefully!

I've been experimenting with lighting lately... so I'll get the TV issue fixed later.