Wednesday, January 14, 2009

1/14 - 5:30pm - Courier-Journal Article, A Little Snow

I was featured in the Southeast Neighborhoods section of the Courier-Journal today, click here to read the article. Also, they did a short video montage of how I do my videos and what my normal Saturday afternoon is like:



Snow is on the way in the next half hour as a small batch of heavy snow comes through from Harrison County. Temperatures will drop significantly during and behind this small area of snow, so we could pick up a dusting or so. We're around 40 right now, but 20s are easy to find as you go west of here, especially in St. Louis.

The cold air behind this system will be intense, with a high of only 15 tomorrow! We'll recover a little bit this weekend, with highs getting just above freezing and the possibility of flurries.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know what the wind chill factor has to be to delay jcps?? Do you think we will have a delay tomorrow?

Ryan Hoke said...

I don't know their criteria. Numerous S. Indiana schools are delaying tomorrow, so check local media tomorrow morning.

Anonymous said...

I think the set of criteria is different for everyone. I believe it is based off of how long a student may have to spend outdoors at a bus stop. Perhaps longer in rural areas, with longer gaps between pickups and not too long for say JCPS.

With wind chills at -10 this morning, I would have to assume JCPS's threshold is somewhere in the -20 range.

I heard one of the weather guys today, say a delay of school won't make much of a difference. 5 degrees or 10... It's cold.

Anonymous said...

Here in southeast Wisconsin, wind chills are at 30 below!

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?