Thursday, May 20, 2010

5/20 - 11pm CDT - On to the Texas Panhandle Tomorrow!

Even though our supercell thunderstorms south of Brownwood, Texas didn't have any tornadic potential this evening due to weak upper wind support, we had a great time watching them form and photographing the lightning show that started just before dark. The picture on the left was my best shot of the evening... pretty good for a little point-and-shoot camera I'd say!

It looks like we'll be off to the Texas Panhandle tomorrow. The SPC has issued a Slight Risk for the area and our current thinking is that moisture will be best around there. We'll get a better handle on all the data in the morning before we set off. For now, I need some rest. I was up extremely late last night editing tornado video from Oklahoma and only got two hours of sleep. My efforts paid off though because that video aired on The Weather Channel this afternoon. It's cool to know that what I shoot with my little HD camera can be seen by millions around the country!

No comments: