Monday, March 19, 2007

3/19 - 8:30pm - Oops, I busted that one...

Well there is no threat for severe weather on Saturday. I just looked at the Cape model, and it gladly laughed to my face. So that was a void discussion on yesterday's post. That's the business folks, you win some and you lose some...

Boy, was I caught off guard today. I was eating dinner at a restaurant when the satellite TV went out on the televisions throughout the building. Since that only happens in heavy rain and snow, I consulted the radar on my cell phone. Sure enough, an isolated heavy rain system was going to plunge on through. It rained really really hard for 10 mins and then the sun came out. The irony in all of this is that the rain was supposed to be all out of here by early afternoon, but some unexpected trailer storms formed behind it. Just goes to show that even weather-geeks are caught off guard.

On a lighter note, let's fire up the grill! Starting Wednesday we are in the 70's! This will last until probably early/mid next week, but even after that I don't think we'll see anything below the 50's. We could see some popcorn storms on Wednesday and Sunday. Wednesday has no instability, so no problem there. Sunday hasn't been looked at yet by the SPC, but I'm willing to say no severe weather here too based on the stable pattern we're going to start. Here comes the sun!

No comments: