Wednesday, March 28, 2007

3/28 - 7:30pm - Severe Weather Can't Make Up Mind...

Oh I am just confused as all get out at the moment. Yesterday there were indications that a large midwest severe weather outbreak would lend some energy for a risk here on Saturday. Alas, the CAPE model sucked a ton of that energy away from us today and the SPC adjusted their outlooks correspondingly. Darn, I wanted some video of the storm to show on my forecast video...

Of course it is very difficult to forecast severe weather terribly far out so this could change. I think we're close enough though that the CAPE and CIN won't change their minds too much between now and Saturday.

This morning was quite a show though! I was awakened at 12:30am to a huge clap of thunder that nearly bounced me out of my bed. Once I woke up at 5:40am (I know - it's early) for school I saw even more lightning. The most hilarious part was changing buses this morning; it down-poured the minute all the kids started switching buses. I was tempted to tell people to put down their big metal umbrellas too. With the intense frequency of the lightning I was sure that someone was going to become deep-fried due to their umbrella. Luckily that didn't play out.

Oh yeah, on top of all this crazy weather it's warm too! We could reach 80 again by the early part of next week. We're on borrowed time though as a large cool-down is in store. Highs after mid-next week will be in the 40's and 50's. Enjoy it while you can!

No comments: