Monday, January 22, 2007

A Lull in Excitement

Hmm... What do I say? There's rain/flurries Tuesday through Saturday, temperatures holding in the low 40's and upper 30's, and not a lick of sunshine. Talk about depression folks! I heard on the radio that today (Jan 22) is the most depressing day of the year as calculated by a group of scientists. Well, they're right. Not a drop of snow (accumulating) for at least a week! I don't know if I can live with myself that long...

Anyway, there is a chance of a pretty good storm brewing in the area of Feb 2-5 based on current weather model soundings. It's been waffling worse than the griddles at Waffle House, but nonetheless there is SOMETHING on the maps. At this point, I can't estimate time, placement, temperature, or even amount of snow for that matter! Something working for us though is cold air, and a load of it. Temperatures are supposed to get into the 20's and 10's for highs next week, which exponentially increases our chances for any snow. That means we can avoid an embarrassing busted snow forecast due to warm temperatures. It always seems we are just 1 degree away from snow here, so 20's for highs is a welcome change. At the moment the eggs, flour, and sugar are ready to make snow brownies, we just need a mixer to come and make it happen. I can assure you that my tone will lighten up by Friday as we peer into next week's snow possibilities, but now there's not much to say...

No comments: