Thursday, January 25, 2007

A little warmer then BOOM!

That's right folks, after a quick weekend warm-up to the 40's we'll see temperatures hit the ground into the lower 30's all week this week and colder next. We could see a quick clipper like the last two on Sunday.

Here's the thing about this cold. It's going to allow a great deal of low pressure systems pass through for the next week or two. What does that mean? Well I think you can only guess that I'm going to mention the "S" word. BUT, it is still way to early to determine who, what and where on these systems. Nonetheless, it opens up a huge loophole for any development late next week. The storms will occur next week late, maybe Super Bowl timing? There will be storms, but where exactly will they form? Things have been consistent on the GFS model, which I like at the moment, but you know what happened the last time I listened to a GFS model? It didn't snow! But, that was due to a really close temperature gradient. These storms will have a ton of cold air to work with I think, especially because I am seeing 20's for this time frame. Of course this is always subject to radical change. But if you remember, I've been talking about early February as being D-day for our snow storms. Let's hope that prediction keeps up.

I'll have more in-depth analysis of these systems on my blog tomorrow and extended analysis on my video Saturday around lunch time.

No comments: