Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Excitement is Brewing...

HOLY COW!!!

Yes that really sums up my excitement for the upcoming Sunday-Monday snow event. I'm just loving every consecutive GFS model for this thing that comes out, each one is like a Christmas present. The latest (18z) model shows the freezing line (540-line) below us the WHOLE length of the storm. That means this will be a 100% snow-ice storm, not some pansy rain-snow business. I really want to give kudos to those meteorologists who came clean about this thing today in the media. I'm glad we can at least get some info to the masses about this thing in case it intensifies (there is a very distinct possibility still) so that the city can prepare. We bought a couple new sleds at Target today (on sale for $2.50 a pop!) for our snow event, so check out Target if you need some emergency snow sleds. I've been asked the question at least 5 times today: Are we going to have school cancellations? I'm iffy right now, but I'll give you a 50-50 on this, because this could very well start as a mini sleet storm with snow on top. Here are the most recent Christmas presents (GFS models) for our storm:




28th storm is looking good too:




I'm still gunning for 2-4 inches on the Sunday-Monday, but it could go higher by the looks of things (I heard rumblings of a possible 6 inches in the region in some places). I'll do some research on school cancellation criteria and report back later tonight...

No comments: