Sunday, May 8, 2011

5/8 - 9:30am CDT - Quick Update from the Road

We're on I-40 eastbound heading toward Oklahoma City. From there we'll shoot north toward Nebraska. It's looking like maybe Southern or Central Nebraska will be the target area... IF we can get there in time. We're making good time this morning so we hope to be up there before 5pm local time. Storms usually form around this time, so it'll be a race against the clock. As far as how things are looking storm-wise, things are still on track for the most part. We're still waiting for higher dewpoints in Nebraska, but surface winds seem to be setting up nicely. At the end of the day, I think the lack of upper level (500mb) windspeed will limit the potential these storms will have. We're watching the radar and surface conditions like a hawk, and hopefully we'll have time and conditions on our side today.

No comments: