Wednesday, December 2, 2009

12/2 - 2pm - Reporting from the Starkville Christmas Parade

Here's the big announcement you've been waiting for!

I'm going to be an on-the-street reporter for the Starkville Christmas Parade this weekend. My responsibilities will include interviewing parade spectators and participants live on camera, as well as doing some promotional and weather spots. The parade will be broadcast live on cable channel 5 WOBV here in Starkville starting at 5pm on Saturday. The broadcast will be shown repeatedly throughout the month of December as well. I'll be sure to record it and post it here on the blog for everyone to see.

You may be wondering how I came to get in this position. Through some wonderful connections I have at Mississippi State's IT department, I was asked to fill-in for the person who normally has this position. With this being my first long-form broadcasting gig, I'm really excited and I cannot wait to get out there and meet everyone!

Again, if you're in Starkville, this will air at 5pm Saturday on channel 5 WOBV. See you then!

1 comment:

CJ said...

Be natural, be fun and for god's sake RECORD THIS FOR YOUR RESUME TAPE!