Saturday, June 6, 2009

6/6 - 5:30AM - Off to Denver!

It's 5:30am and I'm off to get on my flight out to Denver. I'll be posting on Twitter and Facebook on my way there, so be sure to follow or friend me on these sites. After I arrive, there will be an orientation meeting this evening at our hotel to get everyone acquainted and go over the basics of storm chasing. This meeting usually features a short storm chasing instructional video and some general advice about the trip.

We'll go out to dinner as a group this evening and Todd Thorn, the owner of Storm Chasing Adventure Tours, will announce our departure time for tomorrow based on how far we'll need to travel to get to our target area.

Since we'll have a mobile web connection during the trip, I'll be posting here on the blog and posting smaller, more frequent updates on Twitter and Facebook. Also, this year we have a live video stream and map that you can view when we're chasing in the afternoons on a website I designed called Storm Chaser TV.


Here's how you can track us and get up-to-the-minute chase updates:

Live video stream and map (available in the afternoons and evenings):
http://stormchasertv.com

Twitter:
http://twitter.com/ryan_weather

Facebook:
Search for Ryan Hoke and friend request me. There are quite a few Ryan Hokes on Facebook, so be sure to click the one with the picture of me and the Louisville skyline in the background.

Note: The updates on Twitter and Facebook will be the same, so you don't need to follow/request on both if you don't want to.


Like last year, I'll try to post on the blog here once or twice a day with pictures and hopefully some video as well. This is going to be a great trip and I hope you can join us virtually by checking our video feed, this blog, and my Twitter or Facebook updates!

No comments: