Thursday, June 18, 2009

6/18 - 1am CDT - TORNADO VIDEO COMING SOON

I'm hard at work processing the video I shot of three small tornadoes and one very large wedge tornado that a long-lived supercell spawned just west of Aurora, Nebraska. I'll also have pictures as well. We were just a few hundred yards away from this monster quarter-mile wide (may have been more, possibly half or three quarter-mile wide) wedge tornado and were even getting sand-blasted by some of the outlying winds. I still have sand in my hair from this tornado... it was that intense and that close to us. Damage was certainly done to some farm buildings near Aurora, but we were way too close to the wedge to actually see what was going on.

Expect the pictures and video to be here on the blog sometime around 4:00am EDT. Long night ahead, but well worth it!

No comments: