Monday, July 28, 2008

7/28 - 10:30am - Wow, Rain!

I saw the weakening complex of storms south of Chicago last night before bed. It just didn't look like they'd stay together long enough to make rain down here. But they did! We've had nearly three quarters of an inch of rain this morning at my house, with just a stray shower left in the area now.

We're done with rain for today, save for some small stray showers around the area. The GFS is creating odd issues for tomorrow morning. It wants to bring an MCS (line of storms) through and then clear it out for the afternoon. There's really no other model wanting to do this, so I think the GFS is having difficulties with this pattern. Its interesting how "insistent," as the local NWS office put it, the GFS is being on this. We'll see, but I don't think we'll get an MCS tomorrow morning. At any rate, temperatures will be in the mid 90's tomorrow with heat index values in the 100's.

On Wednesday into Thursday, the remnants of Hurricane Dolly will make some rain around the area. So much for my dry weather discussion yesterday! With the rain this morning and later this week, I think we'll actually be close to normal for July precipitation.

Finally this morning, I've launched a new interactive radar page on my website. Not only does it have the interactive radar, but it also has links to local and regional radars, as well as infrared satellite. Click here or click the "Interactive Radar" button on my website to go to the page.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very similar to WLKY's new interactive radar. Also like WLKY, the map is wrong. Ft. Knox is where Bardstown is supposed to be.