Monday, June 2, 2008

6/2 - 12:30pm MDT - Pictures From Yesterday, Eastern Colorado

As promised, here are the pictures from the super cell yesterday:






The DOW (Doppler on Wheels) with Discovery Channel crew not far behind.






The "mothership" cloud, which nearly dropped a tornado. Quite a bit of rotation going on in there! I shot a panorama of this and I'll post that when I get home.

So we're on our way to Eastern Colorado to make the best of what looks like a not-so-great severe weather day. There are too many clouds from morning storms over Kansas and Nebraska to really support a good outbreak, but we'll see what we can find.

2 comments:

Frida said...

aah scary :O

Charles Loring said...

Ryan, do you care if I post the picture of the DOW on my blog? I want your permission first. I'm talking about the Discovery Channel show and that picture would be great.