Sunday, June 1, 2008

6/1 - 10pm MDT - What a Day!!!

Do I have some pictures for you! We followed a super cell from Scottsbluff, NE to Grant, NE that constantly maintained scary looking wall clouds and even a couple funnels. We were darn sure that it was going to drop a tornado, but it simply didn't execute. Since this cell was the only show in town due to its isolation, the TIV (Tornado Intercept Vehicle), the DOW (Doppler on Wheels), and the whole team from the hit Discovery Channel show Storm Chasers showed up. We passed them a couple times as a wall cloud really got going. Since this all happened at sunset, the photos are simply stunning. I'll try to upload as many as I can tomorrow morning. Some of these are National Geographic magazine quality shots... Time to get some sleep!

1 comment:

Charles Loring said...

I watched that show a couple days ago when it aired on the Science Channel. That would have been cool to have seen. Like I posted before. I'm glad your having fun and thanks for chiming in on here about it. I hope to be out there chasing one day. My whole family thinks I'm crazy for wanting to chase storms.