Sunday, June 29, 2008

6/29 - 10:45am - Should've Stuck With My Instinct, WAVE-TV HD!

Well, as we saw yesterday, clouds in the morning and storms the evening before really do put a damper on things. I mentioned that our severe threat was low earlier yesterday, especially in my video forecast. When the SPC put out a MODERATE Risk for us, I looked again and saw a possibility that things could get fired up. True, instability did increase a bit, but it was already too late. Mark that one down in the personal book of forecasting.

A big announcement (at least for techno-junkies) was made on John Belski's blog this morning:
WAVE 3 News goes HD starting tomorrow. WAVE will be the first station in Louisville to broadcast local news in high definition so check it out if you have an HDTV.

That's awesome. I had a hunch this might happen in Louisville this year since all the cities around us were going HD (Nashville, Indianapolis, Lexington). It is just amazing that video technology has progressed enough for local TV stations to broadcast in HD. It'll be interesting to see how it looks tomorrow, as far as graphics and how many cameras they have. I guess I know what I'll be watching tomorrow... Go WAVE!

We'll see a few scattered storms around here today, with highs only topping out in the low 80's. As I said in the video forecast yesterday, there will be a gradual increase in temperatures this week with some minor storm chances in there.

No comments: