Friday, May 16, 2008

5/16 - 3:30pm - One More Shot of Rain

It was nice to see the sun again today! We topped out at .36" of rain at my house since midnight and temperatures are holding in the mid-60's. More rain on the way tomorrow afternoon into tomorrow evening. After that we'll see a small daily chance of rain until mid-week, when sunshine and near 80 degree weather takes hold. That's a pretty good forecast I'd say.

I've been watching the GFS to see if the calm pattern in the Plains is ever going to break. As I said yesterday, it's looking more and more like late next week into the week after that look mighty good in terms of severe weather. Multiple troughs are going to go through starting late next week, meaning severe chances go up! These troughs will bring the lift and instability needed to support a severe weather outbreak, coupled with good upper-level winds. Things could get really interesting while I'm out there.

Only 8 days left!

1 comment:

MTWC said...

I bet your getting excited about your chase trip. All the best luck to you!