Friday, May 23, 2008

5/23 - 8pm - Tomorrow's the Day!

Tomorrow morning is when I leave for my storm chasing trip. I should get into Amarillo, TX at about lunch time and then the orientation for the chase starts. We'll start the actual chase on Sunday morning. Hopefully I should have some pictures from the road by Sunday night.

Here's Sunday's outlook from the SPC:



While the severe threat doesn't look too bad and looks concentrated to the north, this is still a couple days out. It is very possible that more areas will be included later on in the SLIGHT Risk area, and there could be a MODERATE Risk issued if things work out right. Instability looks good and theres a bit of a cold front going through. I'm a little worried that the outbreak will consist of a line of bow-echoes (monster fast moving linear wind storms) rather than supercells (tornado-makers), but I think we'll work some supercells in before they all merge into one nasty line of storms. We'll have to see how it goes...

Only 1 day left!

No comments: