Wednesday, May 21, 2008

5/21 - 8pm - Ken Schulz Last Day at WHAS

Today is the last day of Ken Schulz long and well appreciated legacy at WHAS11. After meeting him a year and a half ago, its hard to see him leave. I remember him being on the air many times during severe weather in the mid-90's. He's really one of the first TV personalities I recognized as a child and influenced my decision to become a meteorologist greatly. When I visited WHAS in January 2007, I witnessed both the pressure and the humor that Schulz experienced in his day to day job. Much to his sarcastic and humorous displeasure, the hard parts of his job only made me want to go into meteorology even more. So thank you Ken Schulz for all your years of service to our community.

Click here to see his last broadcast from WHAS and a montage of his 30 years of being on the air.

No comments: