Wednesday, February 6, 2008

2/6 - 5pm - Aftermath

What a storm system last night. Heavy damage in the Memphis, TN area, not to mention in our own state as well. I've never seen such a bad winter outbreak like this before. It's just awful that this system claimed 50 or more lives. That's simply unacceptable with the technology we have today to forecast and warn people of tornadoes. Of course it saddens us all when things like this happen.

We were issued a tornado warning here in Jefferson County at about 12:40am last night. I remember my weather radio going off and scaring me to death and then turning on the TV to see what was going on. The radar looked nasty so I went to the basement right as the straight line winds came through. That's about all I remember because I was half asleep while doing this.

Luckily it wasn't too bad in Louisville, but areas just south of here received a moderate amount of damage. The worst I saw here was a tree limb on a car near U of L.

The next few days look cloudy with 40's and 50's with a stray mid-30 degree high on Sunday. Possibly a chance for a little snow by early next week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awful,50+ people passed away? What happened to the sirens?
You're right,with the technology we have today that shouldn't be happening. That's a disgrace,a big disgrace.I hope nothing like that
ever happens again.Tornadoes,hail,lighting,and winds are awful forms of precipitaion and destruction.That's all for now.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sorry to disturb you but how could you get radar on to a blog?
I would like to paste that and a few other things and I don't know how to get it on? How do you fo it?

Anonymous said...

Sorry to disturb you but how could you get radar on to a blog?
I would like to paste that and a few other things and I don't know how to get it on? How do you fo it?

Anonymous said...

Sorry to disturb you but how could you get radar on to a blog?
I would like to paste that and a few other things and I don't know how to get it on? How do you fo it?

Anonymous said...

Whoops,did not mean to give that post to you 5 times,sorry.