Tuesday, February 12, 2008

2/12 - 9:10pm - Winter Weather ADVISORY

A Winter Weather ADVISORY has been issued for the whole area as temperatures drop below the freezing mark and sleet and freezing rain are starting to fall. I have freezing rain at my house right now with 30 degrees. The roads will become frozen overnight as the ponding on the roads solidifies. From what I've seen/heard, there is a back side to this storm that nobody really saw and it's giving us more freezing rain than expected. It's heavier in some places than others, but the NWS says we could get up to .05"/hr of freezing rain, which is pretty substantial by freezing rain standards. School districts are already throwing in the towel in Indiana, but we'll see what they do here. I think JCPS might get a 2 hour delay, but the temperature will be below freezing tomorrow for the whole day which would exacerbate conditions. If we get another quarter inch of ice on the ground, school could be canceled. It's been a long time since we've had 2 consecutive school closings, but hey it's happened. It's a real mess right now, and the NWS says this could go on for quite a while longer. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am interested in how you post the "Weather Underground" information on your blog. I'm a 10-year-old weather enthusiast and really admire your site. Would you tell me how to do it?

Weatherscout.blogspot.com is my blog. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Oh...and my E-mail is
Weatherman2345@yahoo.com