Sunday, February 10, 2008

2/10 - 12pm - Hold the Phone!

I said that the rain on Monday night would be just rain in my forecast video. WRONG!!! The newest runs of the GFS and NAM are swinging this storm way south and putting us in a ice storm/snow storm area. I know what you're thinking: "Sure, and then it will revert back to rain just before it happens." Well, we haven't had this big a change just hours before a storm this year. My head is spinning right now, I can't believe what I'm seeing. There is a Winter Storm Watch in effect just 3 counties west of here, just 3 counties! I think the NWS office in Louisville is waiting one more model run to just to make sure before they issue a WSW and make 1.2 million people frantic.

The HPC is putting us in a pretty good zone for .25" of ice and they have the 4" or more of snow just north of us.



Now while I don't think this'll be a big snow maker, I do think the ice will be a mess. I think we'll get around 2 inches of snow on top of .25" of ice. That's bad.

Stay with me on this one for the next 12 hours. I'll post an update before dinner tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

4 inches of snow and .2-.4 of ice for Jefferson County!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.