Tuesday, January 8, 2008

1/8 - 5pm - I'm Baaaaack -> TORNADO WATCH!

I thought I just cleaned up this place before I left! Now we're dealing with severe weather, warm temperatures, and even the Kentucky Snow Ghost is showing its head! What gives!?

Let's talk about today first. The radar is a mess; there are three tornado warnings out from Evansville to TN. I think we'll see some warnings around here, but as of right now we're stuck with our tornado WATCH for the area. Really I think we'll just see some nasty winds, but there's no telling what this line of storms will do in the next two hours. Luckily it will pale in comparison to the horrid outbreak of tornadoes yesterday in the Midwest that's been all over the media.

The next item on the agenda is my snow ghost reference. Some people around here thing our chances for an appreciable snow are dead, hence the ghost name. I think we'll shed that between next week and the couple weeks in succession after that. I know I've said something like this before, but now ALL of the models are putting us in a downright FRIGID pattern for this time period. There are quite a few storms lined up in this pattern as well, so we'll see where they go as they come through. The one I'm looking at now is somewhere between the 13th and 15th, which the GFS is poo-pooing this model run. Some have it, some don't. Ahh... Back to the old dilemma.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,I am The Weatherman.Check out my blog at Weatherscout.blogspot.com

I will put on a link for your blog!