Friday, January 11, 2008

1/11 - 11pm - Patience Brings Snow...

There will be no big snow this weekend. That's all I have to say! Just a few short waves, a dusting here or there, and then it leaves.

I'm more interested in late next week. Very interested.

2 storms are looking to set up shop in the east on Thurs/Fri and then again on Saturday. I'm more optimistic on the Thurs/Fri storm because the temperatures are right and the moisture is in place. This is what I'd call a small storm, but I think we could at least see SOME accumulation.

The Saturday storm is not as likely, but the stakes are higher. If we can get some westward movement of this storm, it could be incredible. The problem is that the current pattern we're in is funneling these storms up the coast, not the Appalachians. But really, if this thing starts showing signs of going west, you bet I'll be excited.

So I think the Thurs/Fri storm is a safer bet, but it'd be nice to get a licking from the Saturday one (for all you snow lovers). I've been poking around the web this afternoon and read some interesting discussions on various weather blogs. It seems as if we're setting up for quite a cold and stormy flow in here in a couple weeks. Apparently there is some indications that the air that's been building in the Arctic is just going to let loose, while at the same time allowing Gulf and Pacific moisture flow into the East. That's just fancy talk for more snow for us later on this month. I hope for snow's sake that this will happen. It's time to have a normal Winter for once!

No comments: