Monday, January 28, 2008

1/28 - 6:30pm - Head's UP!!!

If you told me yesterday that the GFS was going put a near-snowstorm over us later this week, I would've sent you to an asylum. Well don't I look sheepish? Here's the 18z for Friday...



The 12z is similar, and might I say there is a fine line between a snowstorm and a rainstorm here. It's close folks. I think we'll definitely get some backside snow, but if we get that blue shaded area just over us in the model as all snow, look out. I'm going to watch this CLOSELY. If we can get this low to go just a little further south, then we've bagged it! That being said, don't get your hopes up yet. I've said things like this many times this season and it all washes up as rain or nothing. Besides, we're still four days out.

I'm just tired of blown snow forecasts and false hopes. If this is our only storm this winter (should I say decade?) then I hope it's good...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snow Rocks!SORRY but I am not in Kentucky,I am in Wisconsin.
Great Blog!I Have you linked up on my blog at weatherscout.blogspot.com
Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

On your videos,do you have your weather station?I mean do you make you own 7-day forecasts? Could you please tell me how to make my own in Wisconsin? I think it would be fun to do it!!

Anonymous said...

Just a little more to the north and you will probably have a decent sized storm