Monday, May 21, 2007

5/21 - 5:45pm - Dustbowl Era?

Hmm... I've seen this pointed out by some other meteorologists in town and I am beginning to believe it. We haven't had much rain in the past few weeks. As of yesterday I thought this was a dry transition between a big ridge and some more unstable systems to follow.

This theory is true for locations north and west of us. But for us, we could be in trouble. I've been looking over the GFS with some utter amazement. We don't have a chance for any notable precipitation for the next couple weeks according to the current run of the GFS. Sure, we'll have scattered storms and little isolated systems, but not enough for the normal amount we usually get.

I don't know, maybe the GFS is just horsing around like it does sometimes (most times). If its true though, we could well have a drought on our hands in a few weeks. I'll give it a few days and then I'll report back on the issue. As for now, it's just plain hot! 82 degrees feels really good after a few days in the 60's though.

No comments: