Tuesday, May 1, 2007

5/1 - 7:30pm - Wet week shaping up

Well, we've got a cold front that just won't go away. Right now, its sitting over Indiana and is deciding whether or not it wants to move south. Indications now look as if Thursday is the day for it to make its move. If we can get this thing out of here on Friday, it'll be dry for Derby. Unfortunately I think we'll have to deal with some limited shower activity for Derby, but only a little.

After that, we dry out and warm back up into the 80's. In my opinion, I think we will shoot for 90 mid to late next week based on a nice ridge that will be fairly dry in the midweek and allow southwest winds and sunlight to really push in here. Interestingly, there is not a drop of severe weather in here for the forecast period. It just seems that we can't get any unstable/moist air masses to shift this way.

If you believe in the principle of elasticity (rubber band effect), then after our bout of dry and hot weather will be cool and unstable weather. Since I'm not entirely on that bandwagon, I'm just going to stick with the hot and dry forecast until the GFS shows me a credible pattern change.

No comments: