Saturday, May 5, 2007

5/5 - 10:50pm - New feature coming down the tubes...

Sorry for the forecast video problems (small video size), Google Video never acts quite right.

Anyway, the Derby was not a washout like some had feared (including myself), so the Queen of England had a nice visit to the Downs. I'm sure Street Sense liked it too. For the next few days we will be dry and warm, so nothing much to talk about locally.

In Kansas there was a town that was 95% destroyed by an EF-4 to EF-5 tornado today. That is just unbelievable. I don't think I've seen any damage that bad before. The town has 1,500 people and there are at least 8 fatalities. I just can't imagine a whole town being wiped off the map like that...

On a brighter note, I have a new feature I am implementing TODAY!!! If you look to the right of the blog here, you will see a "Ryan Weather LIVE Severe Weather Coverage" box with a Ustream player. This a new service that I am experimenting with that will allow me to broadcast live video from my computer and show radar images and such during a severe weather outbreak. Since this is just a practice/test feature, don't rely on it for official alerts. Also, I won't be home sometimes during events so I won't be able to cover every event. It's not quite ready for prime time yet, so its home will be on the blog for a while. Here's the logo for it:

No comments: