Wednesday, October 8, 2008

10/8 - 7:15pm - Back in Town, Website Down

I checked my site and blog a couple times during my vacation to make sure they were in working condition. To my horror, my website was out when I got home from school this afternoon! After checking around, I found out that my hosting service is experiencing a miniature crisis with servers down at the moment. They're saying the problem should be fixed very soon. Let's hope so!

In other news, we've seen quite a bit of rain today. My gauge at home shows .63" of rain since midnight, with likely higher amounts around the area. Fog will be a problem tonight and early tomorrow morning with all this moist air dropping in temperature. We will soar into the 80's for the weekend after a day in the upper 70's tomorrow. A cool down to more seasonable temperatures will occur by early next week with a chance of rain thrown in late Tuesday into Wednesday.

Bundle up folks... If AccuWeather's just-released Winter forecast is right, we're in for a frigid few months... click here.

Also, Henry Margusity at AccuWeather has released his own Winter forecast with maps... click here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not according to Joe B's forecast. The other guy is saying mainly normal stuff. However, if his jet pattern turns out right we'll be chilly (at times) and dry.

Ryan Hoke said...

From Joe Bastardi:

"The core of cold was centered across the Great Plains last year but is expected to be farther east this year."

http://www.accuweather.com/mt-news-blogs.asp?blog=weathermatrix&partner=accuweather&pgUrl=/mtweb/content/weathermatrix/archives/2008/10/the_accuweathercom_20082009_winter_forecast.asp

The page you now see at the link I provided has been edited since yesterday (notice the 2008-10-09 at the top). I think there's been a mix up at AccuWeather because the forecast they put out yesterday and the one they issued today are nearly polar opposites. It almost looks like they put out last year's forecast on accident.