Sunday, October 19, 2008

10/19 - 7:30pm - Snowflakes on the GFS!?

I just about fell out of my seat when I saw the 12z GFS this afternoon. While the 18z run took them away, the 12z had some snowflakes in the forecast for us! Obviously next Tuesday into Wednesday is quite a ways away, and this is probably just a rogue model run at this point. It also had Tuesday morning and Thursday morning as having some flakes as well, but just not as prominently as Wednesday morning. I know this is just a "snow-dream" at this point, but isn't it fun to think about?



Back in the real weather world... It looks like we could see some highs in the 50's on Friday and Saturday after a week generally in the 60's. Tomorrow will be an improvement over today in terms of temperatures, with a high possibly touching or going just above 70 degrees. We're still on track for the late week rain that I talked about yesterday as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I remember correctly, the 6z and 18z GFS runs, extrapolate after 84 hrs. So lets wait until the 00z run tonight to see if it is completely off the board. Probably not going to happen, but then again, it wouldn't be the first time its snowed in October.

Ryan Hoke said...

I did not know that... we'll have to see what happens on the 0z then!