Monday, February 5, 2007

This could be either nice or REALLY NICE!!!

Well, this little clipper thing has turned into a BIG clipper thing almost overnight. This morning, the NAM and GFS dropped it south, just as I thought it could. Folks, I won't kid you. We could see a potential 5-6" inches out of this IF it shifts a mere 25-50 miles south. I am estimating 2-4" inches though, out of a little skepticism and reality. This will occur at 2pm tomorrow and end at 8pm, prime for an early school cancellation. There are some models putting this thing through Louisville, including the famed GFS. I'll stick with the NAM though.

I want to urge you now (I hope I don't look like a doophus if this thing falls through), get needed supplies NOW. These systems are unpredictable on strength sometimes and like to pop out a really big storm. IF we end up with 5-6 inches of snow, this will certainly close school for a day or more and basically shut down the city for a couple days. This event won't be as bad as the Dec 2004 storm (10"), but nevertheless any snow in Louisville is a big deal.

I heard a report on WHAS 11 that JCPS people are working with meteorologists to determine an early dismissal tomorrow, which looks ominous at this time due to the 2pm beginning of the storm.

I will post later tonight and after school tomorrow as this develops. Hold in there, this could be big if things come together just right. I do want to urge that it won't be a record breaker, but it will surely be the biggest storm so far this season.

By the way, did you know that today is Weatherperson's day? I didn't know either until this morning...

No comments: