Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Get Your Weather Radios Ready!!!

Thursday afternoon looks scarier and scarier as consecutive instability/moisture models come out. There is massive instability working its way in here on Thursday on the CAPE model:


The energy is just impressive here, that's all I can say. The tornado models also have quite a risk in here too. What I'm REALLY concerned about (and excited to see) is the strong possibility for small isolated supercells. These supercells do breed tornadoes, but I'm still a little iffy on a strong tornado threat. There is a threat of tornadoes though, its just not clear how much these supercells have to work with in terms of tornadic elements.

YOU NEED TO TURN YOUR WEATHER RADIOS ON THURSDAY!!! These cells develop quickly and spin up tornadoes with very little warning. I would say we are at a pretty decent risk for some nasty supercells as I said above. If you don't believe me, look what the NWS has to say:
THE NAM THEN INDICATES DEVELOPMENT(LINEAR MCS
POSSIBLY WITH EMBEDDED SUPERCELLS)ON THE FRONT BY 21Z THU.

I'll update you tomorrow as this situation becomes more apparent.

No comments: