Wednesday, August 8, 2007

8/8 - 5pm - 102 Degree Record Tied

We have tied the 102 degree record for this day back in 1930. Wow. I can't believe we're seeing multiple days in a row with triple digit temperatures after years without any. My home thermometer topped out at 99.7 degrees today because I live in a suburb with a lessened heat island effect. But still, 99 is HOT! I can't remember a time in Louisville in the past decade when it was this hot for this long, although it has happened before. Breaking two records yesterday (for the highest high and highest low temperature) was also unfathomable. Tomorrow promises more of the same, but we will "cool" down into the lower to mid 90's for the weekend. The heat index for tomorrow will breach 110... Yuck. I don't know if I can bear this much longer. It is so hot that I start sweating the minute I open the front door!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

99.7 degrees... Round it up to 100. Hot in the 'burbs.

Brian Goode said...

Hey Ryan,
You remind me of myself...I started hanging out at WAVE in high school. John is a great mentor. Keep up the good work!

Brian Goode