Sunday, August 5, 2007

8/5 - 11:20am - Holy Mole Its HOT!!!

I'm back from my trip! I must say that New Mexico was a good 10 degrees cooler and a lot less humid than in Louisville this week. I'm still getting oriented here, but I just took a look at the NWS forecast and they are saying we will shoot up to 97 this week! Are you kidding me!? Looking at the GFS, theres no more rain for a while after the generosity mother nature extended to us yesterday and this morning. It also doesn't show this general pattern changing for a week or so. That means we'll be in the (mid-upper) 90's for a little while. Ughh...

Still no trouble in the tropics. Yet.

Yes, I saw that the hurricane forecast was downgraded by two storms. Big Deal. In 1992, Hurricane Andrew devastated the state of Florida. It was the only hurricane to hit the US that year. So the quantity of hurricanes has no connection with the quality (or direction) of hurricanes. I flipped on the news one night in my hotel room and discovered they were trying to downplay the hurricane season because of this new forecast. Don't let the media tell you this hurricane season is over. It's just getting started.

No comments: