Thursday, April 3, 2008

4/3 - 8pm - Less Rain... But Still Some Issues

It's with pleasure that I'm informing you that the cold front has setup shop south of the area, which shifts the core of the heavy rain down to Southern Kentucky. The radar shows some light shower activity in our area, with the bulk of the washout just north of Bowling Green. We've gotten .22" at my house and I think there will be 2 more inches, better than the up to 4" that was expected before the front settled in the south.

There will be some minor stream and river flooding here, but nothing compared to a couple weeks ago. Couple that with the lack of severe weather and I think you have a pretty benign system for the Louisville area.

It is also with pleasure that I inform you of our first 70 degree streak. From Sunday until at least Thursday we'll see temperatures hold in the 70's and just a spotty shower or two. Too bad I have to miss this pleasant weather coming up, because I'll be out of town!

1 comment:

MTWC said...

Total rainfall amounts of 2-4 inches have been common across Middle Tennessee to your south. What an active pattern we're in!