Tuesday, April 22, 2008

4/22 - 8:30pm - Happy Earth Day!

Wow! What an excellent day we had today... upper 70's with very few clouds. We'll see more of the same for tomorrow, with a small chance for rain by Thursday. Temperatures will take a dip by Monday, with highs in the mid 60's. No chance for severe weather in sight, so things will stay quiet around here for quite some time.

We're in a very quiet pattern right now, especially for this late in April. I'm expecting a flare up in severe weather at some point here, maybe by the first or second week in May. This is just a sitting and waiting game as we see when the springtime severe pattern rears its head.

We haven't had any aftershocks today either, which is very good news. The only thing I saw from the USGS was a small 1.6 today near the origin of the 5.2 quake we had. I said yesterday that we could be dealing with this for some time based on some articles I read, but it looks like someone turned off the earthquake switch overnight. Hopefully we're through with geologic activity for a while.

Also, its just over a month now until my storm chasing adventure begins. If you haven't heard yet, I've been hired as a guide for Storm Chasing Adventure Tours for two weeks in May/June. We'll be chasing all around the Plains and, best of all, I'll have mobile Internet on the road. That means I can post live updates, pictures, and videos right here on my blog! Hopefully the severe season ramps up for the two weeks that I'm out there...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet!

Hey Ryan (thanks for that domain name info)! There is a cool site that you may want to join!

createforum.com/weatherzone , click on the register link on top if you want to join! Think 'bout it!