Monday, October 15, 2007

10/15 - 3:30pm - Rain is Coming with a Punch

I just got wind of this graphic about 20 minutes ago:



That's quite a difference from what I expected! The SPC says that there will be enough instability on Thursday to merit a good chance for severe weather. Our main threat will be wind damage but I don't think it'll stop there (lightning and maybe more). I just got off of Henry Margusity's blog on Accuweather and he says it'll be a MODERATE RISK once the SPC starts categorizing tomorrow (they only go 3 days out). The NAM paints a good swath of storms in here Thursday afternoon but the HPC only gives us about half an inch of rain through Friday. If we can lasso in some heavy storms, as the SPC predicts, I think that number will increase significantly. Maybe this time we'll finally get lucky!

By the way, I don't know if I'll be able to do any severe weather video coverage on this one if it does happen. Given the time frame for these storms, I think I'll be in school. Also, the Ustream box on my page is gone because Google Page Creator recently made a round of upgrades and it kicked my video box off. I'll just have a link to the severe weather video page on my Ustream account there for now until Google gets everything all buttoned up.

No comments: