Wednesday, October 10, 2007

10/10 - 9pm - Huge Changes!!!

Wow, what a weather pattern to come home to. I leave Louisville at 90 degrees, and I come back to find it at 69. What gives? The answer is a massive cold front that gave us a nice shot of cool air starting last night. Our high temperature occurred at 12:06am, meaning the temperature fell throughout the day.

There's also another thing I wanted to mention that I wanted to remain very calm about:

There is snow on the GFS.

There is snow on the GFS!!!!

There, I said it. Yeah I know its a fat chance 16 days out, but the fact that some flurries made it onto a GFS run for us in October is really exciting. It was really pronounced in the 18z run, but the 12z put the moisture too far north. It's fun to think about, but really folks it just isn't going to materialize the way the GFS puts it. It's really digging the closed-off low way too far south and I just don't see that happening (although it is possible). So don't bet on any snow yet, but maybe this model is signaling a pattern change for a couple weeks ahead. Hopefully a wetter one!

No comments: