Monday, March 2, 2009

3/2 - 5:30pm - Who's Sick of Winter?

From car windows, down crowded hallways, and above the chatter of a lively cafeteria, the question I've been asked many times today is, "When's it going to warm up!?"

I'm happy to say that I had the answer: Wednesday. Yes, Wednesday is the day that we will creep back into the 50's after a chilly weekend complete with snow and road problems. This also comes after topping out in the 40's tomorrow. By Thursday, 60 degree temperatures will be back as winds out of the south channel warmer air into our neck of the woods. The shower chance I have on the 7-day forecast still stands, but I think we'll go warmer than the 62 degree high I put on there on Saturday. I think we'll actually top out in the upper 60's on Friday based on the latest runs of the GFS.

The pick of the week is Saturday, with a high near 70 and a slight chance of showers. Wow!

We'll cool down a touch for next week, but we shouldn't get too far below 60, if at all. Cooler temperatures are on the way for late next week as rain comes into the area ahead of a cold front.

4 comments:

Charles Loring said...

*Raising Hand* We missed out of the snowstorm up here. I was gone to Gatlinburg this weekend and we left right as soon as it got going their and then came home to find we had no snow what so ever. But looking ahead, the models are hinting at a severe thret next week...so that has my attention! :)

Ryan Hoke said...

There's always something going on in this part of the country, even if there's no snow!

Anonymous said...

Ryan, are you going to create a 2009 commercial?

Ryan Hoke said...

I don't think so because of college coming up soon, but I've got some other video tricks in the works. Be sure to watch the video forecast this Saturday... I'm introducing a snazzy new series of bumpers to go in front of the introduction to add a little variety (and replace the outdated winter weather bumper I have now).