Thursday, September 13, 2007

9/13 - 9pm - Humbert"oh!"

If you told me we were going to have a hurricane on our hands today on Wednesday night I would have said you were crazy. But this was really the case! Tropical Storm Humberto quickly turned into Hurricane Humberto overnight and shocked the meteorology world. Granted it was only a Category 1 storm, but nevertheless it wasn't supposed to be a hurricane! Max winds were just above hurricane status and its breaking up in Mississippi now.

Now to our COOL weather. It was 46 degrees at my house in rural Louisville this morning. I finally broke down and had to bring out my light jacket because it was just too cold to go outside without it. Our high temperature was a nice 85 degrees though! Its that time of year when the mornings are cold and the afternoons are pleasurable. I don't know if we'll consider Saturday a cool day or a cold day at 72. Since we've seen well over 100 many times, 72 may not feel as warm as it used to...

No comments: