Tuesday, May 5, 2009

5/5 - 4:15pm - Storms to Come!

Before I get into local weather, let me first tell you about about a new website that I designed and just put online. It's called Storm Chaser TV and you can access it at http://stormchasertv.com. It's a streaming video website for Storm Chasing Adventure Tours (stormchasing.com), the company I've gone storm chasing with for the last two years. The live storm chasing video will be active when the tour group is out chasing during the week (It's been on and off this afternoon). A redesigned stormchasing.com will be unveiled when I go chasing in a month as well.

Now, on to local stuff...

Rain will be around mid-morning tomorrow and possibly last into the middle of the afternoon. The SPC has taken us out of the SLIGHT Risk area for tomorrow's severe weather possibilities.

Thursday looks pretty dry right now, but rain should come into the picture by tomorrow evening. Severe weather prospects for Friday have increased a bit, especially given the increased CAPE values (instability) that I'm seeing on the SREF. Time will tell with this system, but I think severe weather will be real possibilty somewhere in the region on Friday afternoon. The SPC has gone ahead and put us in a SLIGHT Risk area (15%):

No comments: