Sunday, September 21, 2008

9/21 - 2:30pm - Boring Weather, Big Announcement

I'll start with the big announcement: I have been accepted into Mississippi State University for the fall of 2009. This means I'm off to Starkville, MS to complete my professional meteorology degree with an emphasis in broadcasting next August. For those who don't know, Mississippi State has one of the best, if not the best, meteorology programs in the South. I visited their facilities in July of this year and was thoroughly impressed with what they had to offer, especially in the meteorology department. The professors and students there are just as nuts about the weather as I am!

Moving on to our boring weather... We might get a spotty shower around here this afternoon since a few of them have formed to our south. The rest of the week looks dry and sunny, with highs reaching into the mid 80's.

4 comments:

Chris Johnson said...

Congratulations! My sister is an English professor at Mississippi State.

Ryan Hoke said...

Thanks! That's awesome that she teaches there... maybe I'll be a student of hers some day.

Anonymous said...

good work on getting that!
by the looks of what they have, they might have their own live radar!

Charles Loring said...

Congrats Ryan! That's awesome news. Hope all goes well.