Monday, June 4, 2007

6/4 - 9am - Things to Watch for This Week

Since I'll be gone this week, here are a few things to look out for this week in terms of weather. Number one is severe weather. Friday and Saturday look like our best chances for severe weather, according to the SPC. After cringing and waiting for this severe weather season, I think this could be the real kick off. Luckily, it looks like more of a wind/hail threat right now than a tornado threat. Of course the minute we get severe weather, I'm not here to do my video coverage...

The second thing is rain later today. I think some areas may get more than a quarter of an inch. Like the rain yesterday, which went east of here for the most part, it will be hit and miss. I think Louisville will make out better today though, at least I'm hoping.

The third and final thing to look out for is the heat. As I mentioned in my video forecast, we could have a heatwave on our hands by late this week. I think at least Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and also Tuesday through Thursday next week will be in the 90's. Unfortunately the humidity is also going to skyrocket next week too. So we may have to pull out a word I've not used yet in the six month history of this blog. Heat index.

Well, I hope for the best in Louisville while I'm gone. When I come back, I'm hoping everything (like the trees in my backyard and the shingles on my roof) is where I left it.

No comments: