Saturday, June 30, 2012

6/30 - 10pm - Wrapping Up the Storm Chasing Season

This storm chasing season is officially over for me as I'm back home in Louisville again. This week we went 2,930 miles through Colorado, Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana, and Wyoming. Our highlights of the week were a fantastic isolated severe storm with rotation near Lusk, Wyoming on Sunday and the tail-end of a line of storms that dropped a few funnel clouds near the Canadian border town of Scobey, Montana on Tuesday. All eight of us had a great time and I'm glad I was able to help forecast and explain to our guests what was happening with the weather during our chase.

The storm chasing we did this week brings my mileage for the season with Storm Chasing Adventure Tours to 11,313 miles. I've been from the Mexican border to the Canadian border this season and in the process I gained more perspective on just how huge the United States is. Over the next few weeks I'll be assembling a compilation of my best storm video from this season and I'll post it when I'm finished on here and on my website. All of my photos from the past four weeks of storm chasing are already up on my Flickr and Facebook albums, so click on over and flip through them!

No comments: