Sunday, March 2, 2008

3/2 - 12pm - Throwing in the Towel

Just after I did my forecast video yesterday, the NAM switched over and agreed with the GFS's no-snow solution for us. So then I waited overnight to see if there would be an eastward trend. That didn't happen. So now it looks like St. Louis is getting a foot of snow and we get nothing. The St. Louis area is under a Winter Storm Watch.

Looks like we'll get some storms tomorrow and Tuesday from this system, but the nasty severe weather will stay down south. The SPC issued a MODERATE RISK of severe weather for the LA, MS area for tomorrow. The SLIGHT RISK area is working its way north on each advisory output, so we may well be under a slight risk for tomorrow by the next advisory output.

Oh well... No snow.

1 comment:

MTWC said...

St. Louis has hogged all the snow. After this system they will be closing in on 20" inches for the season. Oh well, at least you all got a good snow. At my home in Nashville we've picked up about 1.7 inches of snow this season. I've got to tip my cap to the euro and canadian models. They had the correct solution.