Sunday, January 20, 2008

1/20 - 4:30pm - Winter's Revenge

The title says it all. My thermometer said 1.6 degrees when I woke up at 8am this morning. When I went outside for a few minutes, with gloves on, and I couldn't feel my fingers when I came in. It's that cold.

Tomorrow will warm to a blazing 37 degrees. Tomorrow night sees a chance for snow, and I don't mean a dusting. The NAM is really wanting to push a good helping of moisture in here for this system, and with temperatures in the mid to upper 20's during the overnight hours, I think we could get 1-3 inches (2-3 if we can stay all snow during the daytime hours). Now temperatures are forecast to be in the mid to upper 30's during the daytime hours on Tuesday so we could see a little rain or sleet. If we can get an inch or two on the ground during the nighttime hours, I think we could keep temperatures at or below freezing and stay all snow. I think this is the best chance for an accumulating snow we've seen so far, and it could be our best based on our record so far this winter. Keep your fingers crossed!

I'll go in-depth tomorrow with this situation and we'll start getting down and dirty with snow accumulation projections as well.

No comments: