Monday, May 28, 2007

5/28 - 8:30pm - Hot, Muggy, and Dry

It rained north of I-64 yesterday evening, which I'm sure was welcomed by those living there. Since it was only a tenth of an inch or so, it all evaporated today. So don't feel bad if you didn't get rain (I didn't) because everyone is back at the same point.

I was out at the hardware store today and the plants there are starting to dry up. It seems as if they just can't hose them down fast enough to keep them hydrated! Now, granted that we have a little more humidity than we did last week, it is still very dry.

I said in my video forecast that Thursday was our best chance for rain. Well, now its been pushed back to late Saturday. It seems as if this ridge is just eating up all the moisture that wants to come in here. There is a light at the end of this tunnel though...

The GFS has a complete pattern change coming after this coming up weekend. It shows us getting slapped with storm after storm next week. I'm thinking that if this comes true, we should recover from our rain deficit...

On another note... There is a blue moon coming up! This just simply means that there are two full moons in a month. So on May 31st, nothing about the moon should look different. Of course dust storms and volcanic events can make the moon different, but we shouldn't have that.

No comments: